Beginning Private Yoga Classes
Most people say “I’m not flexible enough to do yoga.” Yoga is not about being flexible. It is about developing a connection with yourself at a deeper level, honoring where you are in your body in each moment and creating balance. The Basic Private Yoga Classes offer detailed alignment instruction and will teach you what you need to do for your body to move into a basic level class.
What is Yoga?
The word YOGA means to Yoke or Join and the word HATHA literally means Sun/Moon or Balance. The practice of Hatha Yoga (balanced joining) is a physical practice and is the joining of breath with movement to balance to body, mind and spirit. When well-aligned movement is connected to complete breath we are able to quiet our mind, heal our body and create peace and wholeness in our being.
Benefits of Yoga
Whether you are drawn to yoga for its physical benefits, to relieve stress or calm the mind, you will benefit in countless ways and find that the practice of hatha yoga is truly transformative! This is true regardless of what type of yoga or how many days a week you practice although you will find the more that you practice the deeper and more profound the changes in your physical and emotional being you will experience! Here are just a few of the many benefits that yoga can bring to your life:
- Brings balance and harmony to the body, mind and spirit
- Improved posture, flexibility and energy
- Calms the mind
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Increases circulation; slows heart rate; lowers blood pressure
- Can help reduce weight, stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Be timely. Be timely to your appointment so that you can settle in and prepare yourself to be present for your practice.
- Please remove your shoes before walking on the practice floor.
- Refrain from eating heavily 1-2 hours before class.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows for full range of motion.
- Have a yoga mat.
- Please turn your cell phones off when doing yoga.
- Be courteous by keeping body odor to a minimum. Please come to class clean and refrain from wearing strong perfumes or scented lotions.
We look forward to welcoming you to your practice!